Saturday 31 March 2018

LAUN603, EXTENDED PRACTISE, STUDY TASK 1, DYNAMICS TESTING, RIG MOTION TESTING

HERE IS  A SELECTION OF MY PLAYBLAST 
TESTING OF HAIR AND CLOTH DYNAMICS AND ALSO TESTING MY RIGS IN MOTION

(Just a quick note this section of my build has been the most testing and complex process for me and so the results are something that I am extremely happy with even though not perfect I still feel I have pushed my boundaries of maya knowledge to a much higher level with these processes)


PUDDIN

For my dog model I chose to use the opportunity for dynamics testing to make loop de loop submissions, I feel this is a great way to test my rigs and also produce so little animations to up my online presence in the 3D community.

BELOW A PLAY BLAST SHOWING DYNAMIC CURVES AND THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE ATTRACTION OF THE HAIRS TO THEM.



HERE IS A PLAY BLAST OF THE ABOVE MODEL TESTED WITH SOME ANIMATION ON IT.




MOUSE 

This is really subtle so I left the curves on to show the movement in the blast,  a mouse hair is rather stiff but as I have a long bushy beard face area I wanted some subtle movements, also I rigged a nose twitch and so wanted the hairs around the snout to move a little as it twitched



BIRDS

My biggest challenge to date with dynamics is the complexity of these birds, firstly I need to retain stiffness of feathers but I have to create dynamic movement within them and on the ends of them to create fluidity in their movement, but more importantly I have studied endless footage of birds flying, and also reviewed animated films like Rio from dreamworks to work out the movements of each description of hair. For the record each section of the bird is in its own xgen description so I have categories for main wing feather, smaller upper wing feather, tail, face, chin, neck etc etc this gave me full control of the dynamic properties of each section of the bird.

ANNIES PONYTAIL



WONG TESTS BELOW INGORE ANIMATION JOLTYNESS AS THIS  IS INTENTIONAL AS I WANTED TO  PUT AS MUCH STRAIN AS I COULD ON MY DYNAMIC CURVES TO MAKE SURE I COULD SEE THE FULL  REACTION OF EACH CURVE AND HOW IT ATTRACTED THE SURROUNDING MESH SPLINES, ABIT LIKE PAINTING SKIN WEIGHTS WHEN TESTING DYNAMICS IT IS ALWAYS BEST TO PUT EXTREME MOVES ONTO YOUR RIG TO REALLY SEE WHAT IS HAPPENING.

ANIIES WING UPPER



ANNIES WINGS FULL FLIGHT




SUBTLE BANGS MOVEMENT, HARD OT ACHIEVE DUE TO GETTING THE HAIRS TO STAY ATTRACTED TO THE INITIAL CURVE YET SSTILL HAVE ENOUGH MOVEMENT TO LOOK STIFF HAIR LIKE.



BAILEY

All these hair tests are way more complicated than they look as the feathers around the rig have vastly different dynamic attributes in the way they dampen, or the way they attract to the curve or the magnitude of the attraction or the motion drag etc etc basically each set up of dynamics is days worth of work getting them to all behave as they should and in the correct subtle manner.
BAILEY BEAK AND UPPER HEAD




BAILEY FULL BODY WINGS AND TAIL





TRYING SOME MOVING ART BOARD STYLES HERE TO TRY AND MAKE SOME MORE INTERESTING STUFF FOR MY SHOWREEL, SHOW THE CONCEPT TO DESIGN PHASE IN MY WORK.

(GRANTED MATT SAID THIS ONE WAS SHIT AND GAVE ME LOTS OT CHANGE ON IT WHICH I HAVE TAKEN ON BOARD AND AM WORKING ON AS WE SPEAK BUT STILL FEEL IT IS PRUDENT
 TO SHOW MY MISTAKES)


















No comments:

Post a Comment