Friday 20 October 2017

LAUN603, EXTENDED PRACTISE, STUDY TASK 2a, PORTFOLIO BUILDING, LIVE BRIEF - 1, PRODUCTION


STUDY TASK - 2a

LOOP DE LOOP ANIMATION
"LOVE IS LOVE"
PRODUCTION


My focus with this animation is to enhance and refine my skills in the following....


  • LIGHTING
  • RENDERING
  • LAYOUT
  • MODELLING
  • MOTION CAPTURE
  • TEXTURING - SHADING
I simply do not have time to start rigging for such a short brief, and as this is meant to be a prelude to my larger extended work then I need to focus on what processes I am new to and want to refine before my major project. This animation is about refining techniques and processes and more importantly making content for my showreel that emphasis and shows off what areas I want to work in.


SILHOUTTES - ANIMATION


I drew my characters in PS on my cintique, splitting them into layers to enable 
puppet animation with them in Ae.




I took them into Ae and animated each one and then pre comped them 

all together into one big panorama



I used various lighting effects in Ae to back light the individual windows





Each window has a repeating >loop out expression on it.

MAYA MODELLING, LIGHTING

I made visible the silhouettes video in the reflection of the train window.






CHARACTER ANIMATION - Motion Capture



I got my rig from a contact on the cg meetup society I am in. After placing her in the scene I proceeded to my motion capture stage.






I THEN SET MY CHARACTER UP IN MAYA MATCHING ALL THE CONTROLS TO THAT OF MY FOOTAGE FROM THE ANALYZER 


I THEN RE TARGETED THE ANIMATION CREATING POSES ON MY RIG TO THOSE OF MY FACE ON THE IMPORTED FOOTAGE WINDOW IN MAYA




LIGHTING AND RENDER TESTS




Here as some of my many play blasts during animation whilst I was trying to work things out

HERE IS THE LOOPING FOOTAGE FROM AE FOR THE WINDOWS



PRE FINAL COMPOSITING EVALUATION


I have furthered developed my skills in

  • RE TARGETING MOTION CAPTURE DATA ONTO A RIG
  • CREATING GOOD LIGHTING EFFECTS IN MAYA
  • PLANNING LAYOUT OF A SCENE
  • SPARING USE OF ASSETT CREATION
  • EVALUATING RENDER TIME SCALES
In a nutshell this project has enhanced all of the key factors that I will need to make my final extended film, most importantly layout and lighting and set construction.

FINAL FILM



No comments:

Post a Comment