Saturday 28 October 2017

LAUN603, EXTENDED PRACTISE, STUDY TASK 2c, PORTFOLIO BUILDING, LIVE BRIEF - 3, IDEA

loop de loop
"BUG"

For this loop continuing on with my theme of only doing things I can use on my showreel and not wasting time doing pointless gifs I chose to make this loop about trying to mix up my compositing skills and maya skills in a way that they both compliment each other.
Going all hollywood on myself I decided to ty out using green screens in maya and ten using key light to get rid of them in compositing, thus giving me the ability to render certain elements of my maya scene like skin surfaces with really high SSS samples but not have to waste hours rendering other things that do not need this many samples. Yes I have rendered things in layers to help along with this which is the easy route to rendering out complex scenes in maya but the whole point of this is that a-lot of the studios I dream to work for composite everything with green screens workflow, all the movies I love are all made using extensive green screening so it makes sense for me to practise the skills it take to be able to use a combination of them and maya together.

The Idea

Its a simple one guys, a bug on a car windscreen holding a sign saying been a bug sucks! but in true old school hollywood style I want to put in some car footage that moves about looking dare I say it really shit on purpose! Obviously there will be a-lot of work as in technical skills to blend these together but I still want it to look like the old school films where the footage is comped in on the car windscreen.


No comments:

Post a Comment