Saturday 28 October 2017

LAUN603, EXTENDED PRACTISE, STUDY TASK 2b, PORTFOLIO BUILDING, LIVE BRIEF - 2, IDEA

Portfolio building animation

LOOP DE LOOP
BRIEF WORD
LUCKY

For this brief I thought it prudent to combine my projects and try make use of any opportunity to problem solve and learn new processes which can be used in my major project. And as previously stated I do not see any point in churning out quick poor quality animations to pack out a showreel with as that is the complete opposite of what all advise on showreels tells me that I have researched heavily the past few months, the professionals say less quantity and more quality and so that is what I am aiming at. This all been said here is my idea or plan....

U have taken my puddin model that was part ready for my major film and spent some serious stime refining the process of driving all the xgen hairs with dynamic curves, and refining the key framing. Alos expanding my knowledge of lighting and rendering using volumetric scattering to create atmosphere, but more importantly this test was me getting familiar and ready for animating for my final film and having a clean workflow for the dynamic hair.

I took my model and adjusted elements of it and re shaded the primitives and other adjustments to the rig, I then placed her on a worn armchair and imported one of my hand rigs iI had made for my silas model and just re shaded it again to fit this scene. 

Inspiration

On researching the word lucky on google for ideas I stumbled across a famous phrase from Clint eastwood that is from a Dirty harry film which I know and love since I was young. The line is
 "so the question you go to ask yourself is....do you feel lucky punk"
This in mind and having decided I wanted to use my dog rig somehow on seeing my mobile next to me the idea just popped into my head to have a hand reaching for a mobile phone that isd ringing and the small angry looking dog is sat growling and twitching and then when the hand gets close it yaps and barks and the hand jerks away, and as this is a looping film it then nicely allows the dog to resettle keep growling and the hand come back in and the bark re initiate and so forth repeating.
The opening to the animation is a freeze card screen with the words of the quote and then it flows into the film leaving the viewer under the knowledge that it is asking the do you feel lucky to the person who is trying to reach for the phone behind the dog in the chair.
I find this humerus and sharp and more importantly will allow me to refine and learn new skills in animating hair and movement combined and also rendering techniques, and most importantly still giving me a high quality animation that is short and humorous for my showreel.

Here is the rig set up in the chair with the phone, in the next production blog I will show a few production details and the final film.


No comments:

Post a Comment