Friday 10 November 2017

LAUN603, EXTENDED PRACTISE, STUDY TASK 1, STYLE, THEME

THEME

During my premise presentation I eluded to the fact my initial inspiration would be to take this 18th century fairytale and to put it into context with my surroundings growing up and all the things I love most about Yorkshire. The characters, the surroundings, the feel, but not in a modern approach, no I want top capture the old fashioned feel of Yorkshire, everything that screams Yorkshire from colour to accents to environments 
is what I want my film to reflect and feel like.


 Colour visualisations

I have now started creating boards using old fashioned oil paintings from the 18th and 18th century to try and represent what colour feel I want in my environments and interiors.

Sheet - 1 Environmental colour hues
Sheet - 2 Interior colour hues
Inspiration from TV shows

Not only are these sheets inspiring my look and feel and environmental decisions but more importantly my character decisions. Characters like Compo or Foggy have looks and styles which are driving my imagination for my character design.

Summer Wine style sheet
Yorkshire TV shows style sheet

The following shows are ones I grew up on and as much as the sets aren't mind blowing with style its the characters that interest me, there are so many unique Yorkshire personalities in these shows.

Riddlers
Emmerdale farm
Open all hours
All creatures great and small
Rising damp



No comments:

Post a Comment