Friday 10 November 2017

LAUN603, EXTENDED PRACTISE, STUDY TASK 1, COLOUR SCRIPT

COLOUR SCRIPT

This is again like my storyboards is a key part of my pre production work, it just like my accurate storyboards and animatic will allow me to flow through my 3D stages of production with less guess work and a smoother more educated workflow. The story goes through 5 major colour stages which reflect mood and the drama of the story, this chart will help me with lighting the scenes post animation and pre render.

The story flows in 5 colour waves as follows....

YELLOW
GREEN
BLUE
RED
PURPLE

I Chose to paint these with a soft square edge pastel brush reminiscing the colour scripts that Disney used to do when they always used pastels for speed and to blend them together easier, they are fast and loose but show the colour flow scene to scene which is the intention of them and so I feel this choice of medium worked really well for me and was fun to use for a change as it is a very intuitive flowing way of colouring giving me the subtle overlaying colour build up i needed to create this colour mood guide.


No comments:

Post a Comment